Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Download

This past week has really been a fun one. It was spring break so I didn't have school the whole week... what a nice little break! I still had to work, but I actually didn't mind going too much. The best part about being out of school and having some time was that I got to hang out with the kids more, which was a blast! I just cannot get over how fun and smart they all are. My sister really has done a great job... she has some really great kids.

This week Little Miss Jentrie Lou graduate from DARE. She has gone through a program at her school and did a lot of work and wrote an essay about being drug free, and she was THRILLED to graduate this week. I was so glad that I was able to go up and watch her. She was adorable. Congratulations Jentrie Lou!!



This week was also third Sunday, which means, dinner at Grandma's. We LOVE going to see Grandma C and to spend time with her. She is an absolute sweetheart. I just can't get enough of her. While we were there we noticed that Jentrie and Grandma were wearing close to the same colors, and we couldn't miss that photo opportunity! What cuties they are!!!
This week Sam got hurt at work too. He cut his leg on some metal, his ouchie looks pretty narly, but he has been doing a good job of taking care of it. I am just glad it wasn't deeper and worse. What a trooper he is.

This week I also made the best treats ever. I am so addicted to these little pieces of heaven. Its pretzels, hugs, and m&m's. Two minutes in the oven and ten in the fridge to cool and you will die. They are so amazing... and pretty dang cute too. So fun!


I have been planning Brooke's bridal shower and things are starting to get down to the wire. Its next Saturday and feel so unprepared. I know that things will work out but I just want it to be perfect. I am worried that I won't have enough decorations or places to sit or that things won't really look put together. I guess I will let you know how things go after next Saturday, because its coming... ready or not.


I have also been trying really hard to get back into shape. I have really been focusing on my running and trying to build by stamina, and my physical strength back up. I lost quite a bit when I got in my crash and then when I got sick and it has really been taking me a long time to build that back up. I get really frustrated with myself when I can't run what I use to run or when I am really tired after a run that I shouldn't be tired after. I know it will come, and I can see I am getting better but I just wish it would go faster. On Saturday my mom and I ran the Spectrum 10k. I am really glad I did it. I ended up running most of the race with Jolene, a friend of ours, and it was such a good experience. We never stopped once, no walking, no water, nothing... just straight running. It felt so good. I felt strong and able to finish strong and that was really nice. It wasn't my best time, but it wasn't my worst either... it was a good motivational run to get me going. We finished in 1 hour 3 minutes. I am really looking forward to running the marathon this year and I can hardly wait to get back into some serious training. Its going to be amazing!

I have decided I need to start writing out what I am grateful for. I do this on and off and I know that the times I have done it, I really like it and start noticing more things that I am grateful for. I think especially since I really only try to blog once a week, I should be able to do a grateful list once a week... so here goes...
I am grateful for:
    -A nice warm home that feels safe and comfortable
    -Two good jobs (technically three) that I enjoy and can make a living from
    -School-- and a nice break from it to give me the strength to make it through the rest of the semester
    -Running-- and how AMAZING it makes me feel, and the irreplaceable coping tool it is for me
    -Family, and knowing that we will stick together forever, no matter what
    -Sam- because he gives in when I need him to give in and he stands up when I need him to stand up
    -My Grandma- because every time I see her she just makes me feel so special and loved
    -My primary class- because they are so sweet and make us feel like the best teachers in the world (even though were not)
    -Fresh starts- because Heaven knows I need them- and everyone deserves them
    -The sunshine and how happy it makes me!
-   -My little dog Gator- because he just so fun and lays by my feet while I write this post and it just melts my heart.
    -My parents because I think I have the two best parents in the whole world and I can't even imagine where I would be without them.

I get a little choked up to sit down and write these things out because it makes me realize just how lucky I am, and I know that I don't always deserve it. I am looking forward to the insight that I can gain by writing down some things that I am grateful for. What a great way to end the weekend, and to start a new week.



1 comment:

  1. KAC I LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for this post, it got me thinking about all I have and how I should show more gratitude!! I'm glad that you have running, it really is such a great release! Hope everything is great for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete